February 17, 2017

The Good Fight Premieres on CBS and Then Moves To All-Access @thegoodfight

Generally, early reviews of The Good Fight (CBS) are indicating that it's superior TV. After the premiere (Sunday, 8 p.m., 7 Central time), the network will make it available only on its streaming platform (All-Access), which costs $5.99 a month, or $9.99 for the commercial-free version. I have loved the prior work of the leads (Christine Baranski, Cush Jumbo, Rose Leslie), but paying another $10 per month for a premium subscription (I hate commercials) when I already pay for four streaming services (yes, HBO, Acorn, Hulu, Netflix), plus a donation to my local PBS station for access to additional material,  as well as over a hundred dollars a month for cable--well, that sends my bank account into palpitations. I plan to check out the initial offering, and then see if it's worth $120 a year for how many episodes? Hmmm, what else is available on All-Access? The Good Fight might be for my pocketbook.

Some reviews of The Good Fight here:

EW

The New York Times

USA Today

No comments: